A big THANK YOU to all submitters for their contribution to EULAR 2018.
Contact in case of questions: email@example.com
Important information: Please read carefully
Abstracts can only be submitted online via the online abstract submission system.
Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
The internet abstract submission system works best with Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 5.0 or higher and Chrome 16 or higher.
- Abstract submission must be in one of the three different categories:
a. Medical or Research Professional / Clinician
b. Health Professional in Rheumatology / Practice and Research
c. PARE Member / Patient
The categories are subdivided into topics (Abstract topics).
The correct category and topic must be selected to ensure correct scoring.
The content of the abstract must be topic related.
- Splitting of data originating from the same study across several abstracts and/or
topics is not permitted and will lead to rejection of the abstracts.
- Please read all instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
- For standardisation, the acceptable length of the abstract is not more than 3600 characters and 55 lines, authors’ details and headers included. This also includes non-visible characters such as spaces as well as punctuation.
- The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
a. A title which clearly indicates the nature of the investigation
Up to two tables can be included in the results section with the following criteria:
• Maximum number of columns: 12
• Maximum number of rows: 20
• If a second table is added the number of columns and rows decreases by the
number of columns/rows used in the first table
- One graph/image can be included with the following criteria :
Image width min. 50 pixels max. 750 pixels Image height min. 50 pixels max. 750 pixels Image quality min. 96 dpi max. 300 dpi Image file size min. 40 KB max. 1000 KB (1MB) Allowed file type gif, jpg
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft” status to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (31 January 2018, 23:59 CET).
Therefore, the submitter will be required to create a user account.
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the congress. Abstracts in “Final submission” status can be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (31 January 2018, 23:59 CET).
- An abstract can only be submitted if the “Rules and Regulations including the
EULAR Embargo Rules” on the online abstract form are read and accepted.
- Conflict of interest: It is the intent of EULAR to provide highquality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during the abstracts submission.
- The presenting author can be any of the listed authors, preferably without affiliations
- The inclusion of trade names/brand names is not allowed in the abstract. The mentioning of agents/molecules must follow the scientific standard for publications.
- Abstracts accepted for the congress are subject to the “EULAR Embargo Rules” and the “Transfer of copyright” as published in the right column on this page. With the submission of an abstract the authors agree to the embargo rules and the transfer of copyright.
- The corresponding author has the right to grant, and does grant on behalf of all authors an exclusive licence on a worldwide basis to the BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and EULAR to publish the abstract (if accepted) in any media and to exploit all subsidiary rights.
- Only abstracts that contain original data can be submitted.
- Abstracts should not be submitted if the following applies:
a. The abstract contains data that has been published or accepted for publication in
a print or online journal
b. The abstract contains data that was presented at a scientific meeting more than
12 months prior to EULAR 2018
- Abstracts containing data that has been presented or will be presented at a different scientific meeting during a 12 months period prior to EULAR 2018 can be submitted. This fact must be indicated on the submission form.
- Abstracts having been submitted for publication or to a scientific meeting, but are pending acceptance, can be submitted without restrictions. However, once the abstract has been accepted by EULAR it is automatically subject to the EULAR embargo rules.
- The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to the scientific or clinical value,
relevance to EULAR, suitability of methods to aims, conclusions confirmed by objective results, objectivity of statements, description of methods used, ethics, originality of work, standard of English and overall impression.
- Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. No proofreading will be done.
- Abstract acceptance will be in one of three categories: oral presentation, poster presentation, publication only.
- Should the abstract be selected for oral presentation, the authors, represented by the presenting author will have to sign an agreement to grant EULAR the right to record the presentation (audio and slide) and subsequently use it for educational purposes (with or without a fee). The full text of the agreement can be found in the right column on this page.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement to the Annals of Rheumatic Diseases. Information on accepted abstracts (title and authors) will also be available online on the EULAR Website about one month prior to the congress.
Published abstracts will be available in the EULAR Abstract Archive during and after the congress.
- The submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the presenting author to present the abstract (if accepted) orally or as a poster in the session and the time assigned by the EULAR Scientific Committee. We therefore recommend that submitters of abstracts register for the congress simultaneously with the abstract submission.
- Abstracts not adhering to these guidelines will be rejected. If you do not agree with any of these rules, you should not submit an abstract. The final decision about acceptance of an abstract will be taken by the EULAR Scientific Committee.
EULAR does not correspond on the reasons for acceptance/rejection of an abstract.
- If the presenting author needs to be changed, a request, indicating the listed
co-author who takes over the presentation, needs to be sent to MCI not later than
15 April 2018.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement reflecting the reasons for this decision must be sent to the EULAR Secretariat or MCI not later than
1 April 2018.
Instructions for abstract presentation
- If an abstract is selected for oral presentation, the presenting author, as specified at submission, will be requested to present it in the assigned session.
- Details will be communicated to the author by mid-April 2018.
- If the abstract is selected for oral presentation, the authors, represented by the presenting author, will have to sign an agreement to grant EULAR the right to record the entire presentation (audio and slide) and subsequently use it for educational purposes (with or without a fee).
- If an abstract is accepted as a poster presentation, the presenting author will be requested to be available for discussion during the corresponding poster viewing session.
- Posters will be set up close to the exhibition area.
- For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract submission system
The online abstract submission system has been closed now.
Abstract submission deadline
31 January 2018 23:59 CET.
Abstracts received after this deadline
will not be accepted.
Late breaking abstract opportunity
15 February – 1 April 2018, 23h59 CET
Special conditions apply for late breaking abstracts. Read more
Abstract embargo rules
Notifications to submitters
Notification will take place in mid-April 2018.
Online publication of abstracts
Publication online of abstracts takes
place approximately one month before
Grant of publishing licence
With your submission you grant EULAR and BMJ the exclusive right to publication. Download as pdf
Information for poster presenter
Time will be reserved for poster viewing
on Thursday 13 June, Friday 14 June and Saturday 16 June 2018.
Guided poster tours
Guided poster tours on selected topics will take place during the official poster viewing times.
For further information contact: