Late breaking abstract window now closed
For more information please click here
The regular abstract submission system is now closed
A big THANK YOU to all submitters for their contribution to EULAR 2017.
Contact in case of questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts can only be submitted online via the online abstract submission system. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
The internet abstract submission system works best with Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 5.0 or higher and Chrome 16 or higher.
- Abstract submission must be in one of the three different categories:
a. Medical or Research Professional / Clinician
b. Health Professional in Rheumatology / Practice and Research
c. PARE Member / Patient
The categories are subdivided into topics (Abstract topics).
The correct category and topic must be selected to ensure correct scoring.
The content of the abstract must be topic related.
- Splitting of data originating from the same study across several abstracts and/or topics is not permitted and will lead to rejection of the abstracts.
- Please read all instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
- For standardisation, the acceptable length of the abstract is not more than 3600 characters and 55 lines, authors’ details and headers included. This also includes non-visible characters such as spaces as well as punctuation.
- The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
a. A title which clearly indicates the nature of the investigation
Up to two tables can be included in the results section with the following criteria:
• Maximum number of columns: 12
• Maximum number of rows: 20
• If a second table is added the number of columns and rows decreases by the number of columns/rows used in the first table
- One graph/image can be included with the following criteria :
Image width : min. 50 pixels - max. 750 pixels
Image height : min. 50 pixels - max. 750 pixels
Image quality : min. 96 dpi - max. 300 dpi
Image file size : min. 40 KB - max. 1000 KB
Allowed file type : gif, jpg
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft” status to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (31 January 2017, 23:59 CET).
Therefore, the submitter will be required to create a user account.
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the congress. Abstracts in “Final submission” status can be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (31 January 2017, 23:59 CET).
- An abstract can only be submitted if the “Rules and Regulations, including the
EULAR embargo rules” on the online abstract form are read and accepted.
- Conflict of interest: It is the intent of EULAR to provide highquality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during the abstracts submission.
- The inclusion of trade names/brand names is not allowed in the abstract. The mentioning of agents/molecules must follow the scientific standard for publications.
- Abstracts accepted for the congress are subject to the “EULAR embargo rules” and the “Transfer of copyright” as published in the right column on this page. With the submission of an abstract the authors agree to the embargo
rules and the transfer of copyright.
- The Corresponding Author has the right to grant, and does grant, on behalf of all authors an exclusive licence on a worldwide basis to the BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and EULAR to publish the abstract (if accepted) in any media and to exploit all subsidiary rights.
- Should the abstract be selected for oral presentation, the authors, represented by the presenting author will have to sign an agreement to grant EULAR the right to record the presentation (audio and slide) and subsequently use it for educational purposes (with or without a fee). The full text of the agreement can be in the right column on this page.
- Only abstracts that contain original data can be submitted.
- Abstracts should not be submitted if the following applies:
a. the abstract contains data that has been published or accepted for publication in a print or online journal
b. the abstract contains data that was presented at a scientific meeting more than 12 months prior to EULAR 2017
- Abstracts containing data that has been presented or will be presented at a different scientific meeting during a 12 months period prior to EULAR 2017 can be submitted. This fact must be indicated on the submission form.
- Abstracts having been submitted for publication or to a scientific meeting, but are pending acceptance, can be submitted without restrictions. However, once the abstract has been accepted by EULAR it is automatically subject to the EULAR embargo rules.
- The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to the scientific or clinical value, relevance to EULAR, suitability of methods to aims, conclusions confirmed by objective results, objectivity of statements, description of methods used, ethics, originality of work, standard of English and overall impression.
- Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. No proofreading will be done.
- Abstract acceptance will be in one of three categories: oral presentation, poster presentation, publication only
- Accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement to the Annals of Rheumatic Diseases. Information on accepted abstracts (title and authors) will also be available online on the EULAR website about one month prior to the congress.
Published abstracts will be available in the EULAR abstract archive during and after the congress.
- The submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the presenting author to present the abstract (if accepted) orally or as a poster in the session and the time assigned by the EULAR Scientific Committee. We therefore recommend that submitters of abstracts register for the congress simultaneously with the abstract submission.
- Abstracts not adhering to these guidelines will be rejected. If you do not agree with any of these rules, you should not submit an abstract. The final decision about acceptance of an abstract will be taken by the EULAR Scientific Committee.
EULAR does not correspond on the reasons for acceptance/rejection of an abstract.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement reflecting the reasons for this decision must be sent to the EULAR Secretariat or MCI not later
than 1 April 2017.
- If an abstract is selected for oral presentation, the presenting author, as specified at submission, will be requested to present it in the assigned session.
Details will be communicated to the author by mid-April 2017.
- If the abstract is selected for oral presentation, the authors, represented by the presenting author, will have to sign an agreement to grant EULAR the right to record the entire presentation (audio and slide) and subsequently use it for educational purposes (with or without a fee).
- If an abstract is accepted as a poster presentation, the presenting author will be requested to be available for discussion during the corresponding poster viewing session.
- Posters will be set up close to the exhibition area.
- For further information contact: email@example.com
Abstract submission system
The regular abstract submission system is now closed. A big THANKS to all submitters for their contribution to EULAR 2017.
Abstract submission deadline
31 January 2017 23:59 CET
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Notifications to submitters
Have been sent. The status of the abstract can be checked here
Online abstract publication
The database of all accepted abstracts is now available
A PDF of all abstracts is available (139MB)
The online application for travel bursaries is closed
Grant of publishing licence
As part of your submission, you grant EULAR and BMJ the exclusive right of publishing.
Download as pdf